- Project Support Officer
- NHS AfC: Band 6 / Monitor 3.1
- Full Time 37.5 Hours per week
- Wellington House
- £26,565 - £35,577 per annum (plus HCAS £5,313 - £6,469)
- 29/06/2017 23:59
NHS Improvement is responsible for overseeing foundation trusts, NHS trusts and independent providers. We offer the support these providers need to give patients consistently safe, high quality, compassionate care within local health systems that are financially sustainable. By holding providers to account and, where necessary, intervening, we help the NHS to meet its short-term challenges and secure its future.
NHS Improvement is the operational name for the organisation that brings together Monitor, NHS Trust Development Authority, Patient Safety, the National Reporting and Learning System, the Advancing Change team and the Intensive Support Teams.
An exciting opportunity has arrived for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to join the Nursing Directorate in NHS Improvement as a Project Support Officer.
NHS Improvement is responsible for overseeing foundation trusts, NHS trusts and independent providers of health care. We offer support to providers to give patients consistently safe, high quality, compassionate care within local health systems that are financially sustainable.
As Project Support Officer you will work within a small programmes team in the nursing directorate to support subject matter experts deliver various clinical and non-clinical projects to improve the quality and safety of care in provider organisations. This post sits in the national nursing team and some travel is to be expected.
The Project Support Officer’s responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining comprehensive project plans, briefing the team on progress at regular internal project meetings, and supporting the team to monitor activities to ensure work is neither overlooked nor duplicated;
• Attending and / or facilitating meetings where agreed and present on progress, ensuring that all actions are logged and followed up as required;
• Act as the secretariat for the governance of agreed projects within the team’s portfolio;
• Understand, highlight and document project risks, issues and actions, ensuring early identification and proactive mitigation/resolution where possible, and ensuring relevant concerns are escalated promptly; and
• Prepare and, where necessary present presentations and PowerPoint slides as requested by members of the team to support the delivery of their work.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).