- Legal Adviser
- NHS AfC: Band 8a / Monitor 3.3
- Full Time 37.5 Hours per week
- Wellington House
- £40,428 - £48,514 (+HCAS £6,469) per annum
- 31/01/2018 23:59
NHS Improvement is responsible for overseeing foundation trusts, NHS trusts and independent providers. We offer the support these providers need to give patients consistently safe, high quality, compassionate care within local health systems that are financially sustainable. By holding providers to account and, where necessary, intervening, we help the NHS to meet its short-term challenges and secure its future.
NHS Improvement is the operational name for the organisation that brings together Monitor, NHS Trust Development Authority, Patient Safety, the National Reporting and Learning System, the Advancing Change team and the Intensive Support Teams.
The NHS Improvement Legal Team is an essential and highly respected part of the organisation, providing legal support to the full range of NHS Improvement’s teams and functions. NHS Improvement lawyers are high calibre, client-centred professionals from a range of backgrounds. They provide their legal advice in a clear and straightforward way, with contextual understanding of healthcare policy. The team is flexible, pragmatic, solutions-focussed and driven to work with colleagues in the best interests of patients.
We are recruiting Legal Advisers and are looking for lawyers with around 1 to 5 years relevant post-qualification experience.
You will be an important part of the Legal Team headed by Kate Moore, General Counsel. Kate is supported by Legal Directors, who manage the team’s work, and a team of Senior Legal Advisers, Legal Advisers and Legal Assistants. The Legal Advisers support the Legal Directors and the rest of the team in identifying and managing legal risk and ensuring that NHS Improvement is a legally compliant organisation. They are responsible for the day-to-day provision of high-quality and timely legal support to NHS Improvement’s functions and can expect to work across a range of areas including general public law, NHS legislation and the regulation of NHS trusts and Foundation Trusts, freedom of information and contracts/procurement.
We operate a flexible matrix working approach with opportunities for lawyers to work across the full range of the team’s work and with different Legal Directors.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
• Degree level qualification
• Qualified barrister or solicitor
• Relevant post-qualification experience with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of public law
• A strong track record of presenting clear and robust legal advice to clients both proactively and responsively
• Evidence of success in building and forming working relationships across professional and operational boundaries
• Ability to engender trust and confidence and demonstrate probity and integrity in the provision of legal advice and support on complex legal issues
• Ability to deliver consistently high-quality and accurate work under significant time pressure
• Ability to exercise sound judgement
• Strong self-starter with ability to work on own initiative
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Understanding of regulation/regulatory law
• Experience of judicial review proceedings
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
ROGERS, Simon email@example.com