- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- Economics Director
- NHS AfC: Band 9 / Monitor 2.2
- Fixed Term Contract until 10/08/2018
- Full Time 37.5 Hours per week
- Wellington House
- £79,415 - £100,431 (plus HCA ) Per Annum
- Today at 23:59
NHS Improvement is responsible for overseeing foundation trusts, NHS trusts and independent providers. We offer the support these providers need to give patients consistently safe, high quality, compassionate care within local health systems that are financially sustainable. By holding providers to account and, where necessary, intervening, we help the NHS to meet its short-term challenges and secure its future.
NHS Improvement is the operational name for the organisation that brings together Monitor, NHS Trust Development Authority, Patient Safety, the National Reporting and Learning System, the Advancing Change team and the Intensive Support Teams.
The purpose of the Economics Director role is to:
- Take overall accountability for leading major projects, commissioned at board level, where significant economic expertise is required.
- Overall accountability for leading major transformational projects where significant economics expertise is required. These projects will span policy, research, competition and evaluation. This will include leading the problem-solving, directing multi-disciplinary teams, managing key internal and external stakeholder relationships and communicating the findings with impact so as to influence internal and external decision makers. The outcomes of the projects will determine the organisations stance for key issues affecting the wider health sector.
- Provide high quality ad hoc advice on complex economic issues facing NHS Improvement to other parts of the organisation including deputising for the Chief Economist advising senior executives and the board.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Economist, to lead the Economics team of 35 to ensure delivery of business objectives. The role is responsible for the staff management of the Senior Economists, Economists and Analysts working in the team.
- Support the Chief Economist’s role as head of profession for NHS Improvement’s 50 economists (those in the Economics team and those in other teams). This will include improving the access to and impact of professional development, enhancing the sense of professional identity that NHS Improvement’s economists feel and overseeing the quality assurance of all economics work done in the organisation.
- Effectively contribute to NHS Improvement’s wider leadership team, contributing to NHS Improvement’s corporate objectives and being an ambassador for the organisation. This will include deputising for the Chief Economist on corporate initiatives and at external engagements.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
WALTERS, Chris firstname.lastname@example.org